What Do We Do?
We take care of the administrative part of Waiheke Sea Scouts. This includes sorting membership, uniforms, and badges for example. It’s also our role to make sure that the club’s assets (building, boats, equipment) are kept in good condition so that our young ones can get the most out of their scouting experience. While membership fees go some way to cover costs, we’re also busy fundraising and thereby helping to reduce financial burden on our scouting families.
We Need You!
We’ve got a great core of parents who are holding the basic admin bits together but we could do with reinforcements! The Group Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting. If you have any skills or interests in fulfilling or supporting the following roles, we’d love to hear from you:
- Chairperson as at Feb 2019: Sol Harris
- Secretary as at Feb 2019: Christina Hyde
- Treasurer as at Feb 2019: Esme Pfaff
- Membership & Fundraising as at Feb 2019: TBC
- Communications as at Feb 2019: Sol Harris
- Property Maintenance as at Feb 2019: TBC
- Boating / Equipment Maintenance / Quartermaster as at Feb 2019: TBC
We meet every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7pm at the RSA, Ostend. Agendas and meeting notes are sent out to Leaders and Group Committee meetings.
Come on down and join us or contact us to find out more.