Hi all camp whanau,
Motuihe Trip 21-27th January 2022 now has about 60 participants and is closed for new entrants.
Please contact your section leaders for full details (Keas / Cubs / Scouts / Venturers).
Our Rotoroa trip, regattas, Ruapehu trip and more are planned.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use the Contact form on this website and your query will be forwarded to the section leaders.
All parents and kids will be expected to help out with various cooking / clean up duties.
- In an emergency, ALWAYS dial 111
- We will have first aid kits at the Mess Tent.
- Several Leaders are trained in first aid – if you have medical training please let that be known to a Leader.
- If you need first aid help, please speak to any of the Leaders.
Please help keep rubbish to a minimum and put all rubbish in bins we will provide – ideally take it home with you if it belongs to you.
Taken from the official website here
No power on site. While we are planning to have a USB charging plug attached to a car battery for charging phones, we recommend that you bring your own power bank (click here for example)
Many people anecdotally say the water is fine to drink, however, official information on the website advises that drinking water should be boiled.
The historic water tower is a major hazard, and the site is fenced off. Do not enter the inside of the perimeter fence or the tower.
Bio Security – Check you are pest-free
Check, clean, and seal your gear to ensure you don’t bring pests, soil, and seeds.
Packing List (general info)
- We will formulate a roster for tasks that need to be done such as cooking meals, the plan is to spread the load as much as possible.
- Meals – as cooking facilities are limited we will need to plan the meals well. please let us know of food allergies and or food type preference.
- Facilities: Yes it has toilets – bio showers – so bring a solar shower – or just swim!
- Rubbish – we will need to remove all our rubbish so take only what you are willing to take home with you.
Motuihe Island Info
- Camping in tents – supply your own
- Waiheke scouts will endeavour to supply mess and cooking tents.
- No Pets allowed
- No power – so bring torches ( we will also need to borrow some chilly bins)
- No Fires – so cooking will be done by gas BBQ
- Water – we will have to find out if the water is drinkable or not
Things to do:
A program of events will follow but will include some or all of the following;
- We are contacting the ranger on the Island to see if we can go Tuatara / Kiwi watching.
- We will also visit the DOC / TRUST greenhouses and planting areas to see if we can help out.
We would like to have as much beach time as possible so bring your togs and beach gear
Further Group Meetings & Planning
Further details and updates will be communicated as and when so please keep checking this page
Please get involved in selling raffle tickets! Ask Sol for details.
Key people and jobs: