Schedule and Parent Help Roster for Term 1, 2017
The focus this term is around water activities – including sailing, knowledge of watercraft, swimming, kayaking, rowing and learning about seamanship (knots, what to wear to keep safe etc.)
The Leaders that are running these evenings this term are: Paul (taking the lead for water based activities and boating knowledge), Marcel, Kelly and the team.
We do not need any parent helpers in the Scout section, however, we did discuss how good it would be if parents could volunteer to come along at the end of the session (from 7.30pm) to make a hot drink, biscuits/cake. This is needed on the water activity nights. If you are able to help with this, then please respond to this email (do not reply-all). Thank you.
- 2 March – High tide. Wear appropriate water activity clothing (as discussed with your children). List will be provided at the end of this email.
- 6-8 March – Trip to the Kai Iwi lakes for sailing Regatta. All scout invited. You will have already replied if your Scout is intending to go.
- 9 March – Low tide. Wear uniform. Badgework –> your Scout is working towards their Boatman and Oarsman award.
- 16 March – High tide. Water activity clothing
- 23 March – Low tide. Wear uniform. Camp preparation night – we have a camp at Easter. Discussion & practical evening around kit, menus, camp fire cooking etc.
- 30 March – High tide. Water activity clothing
- 3 – 6 April – Easter Sailing Camp.