The fees for the Scouting year are shown below. These fees are made up of a proportion that is a levy charged by SCOUTS New Zealand, along with the remaining fee going towards covering the running costs for the Group.
Waiheke Sea Scouts must pay a set fee per term to SCOUTS NZ for each member. Our group receives a small amount from each payment and it’s never enough to cover the costs in terms of maintaining our property and equipment – therefore, any additional donation is also welcome, should you wish to do so.
We do seek grants and funding to cover repairs and maintenance costs and new purchases where these are required. We would be delighted if you can spare an hour or two each year to help fill in application forms and follow up fundraising opportunities., just ask!
In addition to the fees, members are also expected to pay for e.g. badges and special events during the year, such as camp – as those are all optional.
Invoices for fees are sent out each term (quarterly) after you have completed your registration.
Notes On Fees:
- Current fees range between $90 – $110 per child depending on the section joined.
- From Feb 2023 there was increase in fees
- Fees are generally payable in four instalments (e.g. on or before the beginning of each term, or pro-rata during the term). You may also pay the entire year.
- Fees are non-refundable, even if you cancel or decide to leave part way through the term (except in exceptional circumstances).
- Financial Support Is Available: If you can’t afford the fees, we may be able to assist you. Please contact the Group Leader, Group Committee Chairperson or Treasurer if you have financial difficulties in paying your child’s fees.
Payment of Fees
Invoices are generally sent at the beginning of term – so please DO NOT deposit funds into our account without an invoice as we may not be able to track your payment. If you would like to make a bank transfer payment please contact us.
You can purchase the Sea Scouts uniform from the Scouts NZ online store
We generally recommend the following items:
Your child may achieve and be awarded other badges and may attend special events during the year. These can be purchased during the year as they are incurred.