Registrations for Waiheke Sea Scouts are always open – however, there is often a waiting list for new members and you may wish to contact the section leader to discuss availability.
The scouting year generally follows the school terms and start dates can be discussed with your section leader.
- Decide which section your child will join. It’s generally determined by age – see the sections page for details
- Contact us to request a free one month trial. The section leader for your chosen section will arrange the start date with you.
- Once you have attended three sessions, you will be asked to complete your registration by filling out a form that we will provide to you.
- You will be asked to agree to the SCOUTS New Zealand terms and give consent for your child to take part in Scouts.
- When you have made payment and completed the necessary paperwork, you will be sent an email with a link to access our Online Scouts system.
- You can order and pay for a uniform via the Scouts Direct website (you need to order the dark blue Sea Scouts shirt).
- Your child will be formally “invested” once s/he has a uniform and fees are paid.
Unfortunately, some of our groups are full and have waiting lists. We need MORE LEADERS !
If you become a Leader, acceptance of your child into a section is given priority. Please contact us to find out more.
Once accepted into a group, you will receive some information and instructions for payment of fees and purchase of a shirt, scarf, woggle, and zone and club badges.
You may attend three sessions before confirming you will join and paying fees.
Payment of Fees
020 108 0013102 000 Waiheke Sea Scout Group
In the reference fields, please quote your child’s surname and initial, followed by the invoice number you will receive, once you have joined.